Inclusion through STEM Experiences: Approaches to Increase Access and Accommodations
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
12:00pm PT | 1:00pm MT | 2:00pm CT | 3:00pm ET
Registration Deadline has passed.
Wendi J. W. Williams, South Texas College
Sean Thatcher, Rutgers University and Chairman of IAGD Student Community
This webinar will provide strategies for designing or modifying pedagogical "ways of doing" to reinforce increasing the diversity of students benefitting from various learning space experiences.
Considering inclusive strategies in STEM environments, participants will: learn about common barriers to access and inclusion within STEM education; be introduced to the principles of Universal / Inclusive Design for Learning (UDL/IDL); and explore embedded or specific accommodations for both physical and non-apparent disabilities. Further, additional resources outside the geosciences will be shared for catalyzing our community efforts.
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be email to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Bradlee Cotton (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.
- International Association for Geoscience Diversity
- Presentation alternative formats
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_Slides.pptx (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 11.3MB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_Audio.mp3 (MP3 Audio 16.5MB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021Inclusion_SlideIndexWebLinks.rtf (Rich Text File 3.8MB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_Beeline.html (HTML File 2.3MB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_DigitalBraille.brf ( 19kB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_Epub.epub ( 1.4MB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_HTML.html (HTML File 2.3MB May12 21)
- NAGTProfWebinar_28April2021_Williams&Thatcher_Tagged.pdf (Acrobat (PDF) 2.9MB May12 21)