Sharing Scientific Ocean Drilling with Students
Friday, May 6, 2022
9:00 am PT | 10:00 am MT | 11:00 am CT | 12:00 pm ET
Registration Deadline has passed.
Laura Guertin, Distinguished Professor of Earth Sciences, Penn State Brandywine, on board the JOIDES Resolution
Additional scientists/instructors from on board the JOIDES Resolution
How do we core and collect sediments and ocean crustal material? How can these help us learn about Earth's biological, chemical, and geological systems? Join us live from the JOIDES Resolution for a ship tour and discussion of how to bring scientific ocean drilling into our introductory-level courses.
Attendees will be able to:
- Define scientific ocean drilling and why it matters
- Develop ideas for the integration of scientific ocean drilling into an introductory-level geoscience course
- Learn how to schedule live ship-to-shore sessions for classrooms and supplement with existing online resources
- JOIDES Resolution
- JOIDES Resolution, For Educators
- IODP Expedition 390 blog
- IODP Expedition 390 recommended resources
- JOIDES Resolution Reports and Updates
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Bradlee Cotton (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.