Graduate student onboarding courses: Exposing the hidden curriculum to help your students succeed
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
12:00pm PT | 1:00pm MT | 2:00pm CT | 3:00pm ET
Registration Deadline has passed.
Karen Viskupic, Boise State University
Michele Cooke, UMAss Amherst
Nathan Niemi, University of Michigan
Naomi Levin, University of Michigan
The purpose of this webinar is to:
- Promote the value of graduate student onboarding courses for developing successful students and programs that are equitable and inclusive
- Share examples of course goals, content, activities, and logistics
- Provide opportunities for participants to share ideas, build stronger courses, or get started developing new courses
- Develop a community of faculty who are developing and teaching onboarding courses for graduate students
- Presentation slides
- Break-out group notes pages
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be email to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Bradlee Cotton (email@example.com) or Mitchell Bender-Awalt (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.