The National Association of Geoscience Teachers is a member-driven organization. Our vision is that everyone experiences welcoming, inspiring, and effective Earth education.
NAGT supports a diverse, inclusive, and thriving community of educators and education researchers to improve teaching and learning about the Earth.
NAGT has four goals that guide our work:
- To promote high-quality Earth education;
- To foster and disseminate research in geoscience education;
- To drive change toward an equitable and inclusive system of geoscience education;
- To support current and future geoscience educators throughout their careers.
In support of its mission, NAGT organizes the technical program in geoscience education at every Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. Other programs and opportunities include:
- Sponsored Sessions, Events, and Programs
- Professional Development
- Scholarships and Awards
NAGT is, for the most part, a volunteer organization. The association is run by the NAGT Executive Committee, which includes both elected and appointed officers. The Executive Committee is advised by the NAGT Council, which includes representatives from each of the ten geographic Sections, three active special interest Divisions, committee Chairs, and representatives from other geoscience organizations.
The Office of the Executive Director is located at Carleton College in Minnesota. Complete contact information for the Executive Office, including contacts for publications and membership inquiries, can be found on the Contact Us page.
The easiest and best way to get involved with NAGT is to become a member! You can also make a tax-deductible donation to NAGT. Visit this webpage to learn about even more ways to become involved with NAGT.
Looking for NAGT's graphic standards or a copy of the bylaws? Find everything you need below:
- NAGT's Constitution and Bylaws
- NAGT - Who Are We? (Acrobat (PDF) 116kB Nov19 13) - Janis D. Treworgy, President of NAGT 2010-2011
- Annual Reports
- Annual Tax Returns (Form 990)
- Officers Meeting Notes
- A history of NAGT
- NAGT's graphic standards
- Presentation materials for talks, workshops, booths and other events
- NAGT's policies on privacy, travel reimbursement and more
- The Workspaces gateway (account required)