The NAGT leadership consists of an Executive Committee that includes both elected volunteer leaders and appointed leaders. The Executive Office supports the work of the Executive Committee. The Council is advisory to the Executive Committee.
Become a leader of NAGT
Get involved in the work of the Association. Members can nominate themselves or someone else to become an elected officer.
President: Christy Visaggi
Georgia State University
1st Vice-President: Reginald Archer
Tennessee State University
2nd Vice-President: Rory McFadden
SERC at Carleton College
Past-President: Margaret Crowder
Western Kentucky University
Secretary/Treasurer: Michael Phillips
Illinois Valley Community College
University of South Carolina-Columbia
University of Texas at Austin
East Carolina University
Thomas Nelson Community College
California State University-Stanislaus
Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology
NAGT Historian: Gene Pearson
University of the Pacific
Executive Office Staff
Mitchell Bender-Awalt, Project Coordinator
Monica Bruckner, Website Manager
Amy Collette, Financial & Administrative Director
Rebeccah Bradley, Administrative & Financial Assistant
The Council is made up of the Executive Committee, the president of NAGT Sections and Divisions, standing committee chairs, and official representatives to affiliated societies. The Council is advisory to the Executive Committee.
Learn more about NAGT Sections and Section leadership.
Learn more about NAGT Divisions and Division leadership.
Learn more about NAGT committees and committee leadership.
Affiliated Society and Organization Liaisons
NAGT has affiliations and partnerships with other organizations and groups that have shared goals in the Earth sciences and Education. Liaisons to those and other organizations are listed below.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) - Catherine Riihimaki ('23-'26)
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI) Associated Societies - Reginald Archer (ex officio)
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) - Jamie MacDonald ('23-'26)
- Geological Society of America (GSA) Associated Societies - Rory McFadden (ex officio)
- Geological Society of America (GSA) Education Division and Education Standing Committee - Jamie MacDonald ('23-'26)
- Geological Society of America (GSA) Meeting Joint Technical Program Committee - Katherine Ryker (ex officio)
- National Association of Black Geoscientists (NABG) - Reginald Archer ('19-'26)