Lead: Get Involved in NAGT Leadership
There are several ways for members to become more involved with NAGT!
NAGT's mission is to "support a diverse, inclusive, and thriving community of educators and education researchers to improve teaching and learning about the Earth." To that end, we also strive for an inclusive and diverse leadership. Our open nomination process is designed to foster broad participation in NAGT's leadership and programming.
Each fall, the Executive Office conducts an open call to the NAGT membership for nominations for open positions in the national organization. All positions serve three-year terms; the 2nd Vice-President transitions to 1st Vice-President and then President over three years, while the Secretary-Treasurer and Councilors-at-Large stay in those roles for all three years. This is a chance for you to express your interest in serving in the leadership, or to nominate someone else. Nominations will be considered active for three years. Self-nominations and nominations by any active NAGT member are accepted.
Possible Positions Open:
- 2nd Vice-President
- Secretary-treasurer (every 3 years)
- Councilors-at-Large (2 per year)
NAGT Section and Division Elected Officers
If interested in section and/or division leadership, please see individual websites for further information and to express interest.
NAGT has several standing committees whose membership includes a combination of ex officio and at-large members. These committees have specific charges and tasks and report to the Executive Committee. These committees may not always be seeking new members, but your nomination will remain active for three years.
- Neil Miner Award Committee
- James H. Shea Award Committee
- Dottie Stout Professional Development Grants Committee
- Field Camp Scholarship Committee
- Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Award (OESTA) Committee
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award Committee
- Advocacy Committee
- Development Committee
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee
- Professional Development Planning Committee
- Teach the Earth Website subcommittee
- Webinar Subcommittee
To learn more and see current membership, visit the NAGT Committee Page.