Teacher Education Division
This NAGT division seeks to improve geoscience teaching by improving teacher content and pedagogical knowledge and by encouraging research on best teaching practices.
The Teacher Education Division (TED) exists to provide:
- A forum for exchanging ideas, concerns, resources and information about geoscience teacher education
- A network for full-time and part-time/adjunct faculty to improve geoscience instruction for teachers and teacher education
- A vehicle for making recommendations to the NAGT Council and membership on activities of special interest and benefit to geoscience faculty, staff, administrators and students who work with K-12 teachers
- Curricular and pedagogic strategies that will produce successful geoscience teachers
- Collaboration and support for research in geoscience teacher education
- A focal point for communication and advocacy for teacher education within NAGT and other professional societies
Find the national NAGT Facebook page here.