Join: Member Benefits
Who Joins NAGT?
NAGT members are committed to teaching excellence and the preparation of productive, responsible citizens who understand the complexity and vulnerability of the planet that sustains all of us.
Take a look at our resources and member benefits for:
- Faculty and instructors in higher education
- Department heads and chairs
- K–12 educators
- Education professionals
- Undergraduate and graduate students
Why Join NAGT?
Gift a NAGT membership!
Interested in gifting a NAGT membership to a graduating student, colleague, or other geoscience educator?
Contact the NAGT Executive Office - Membership Inquiries to gift a membership today!
You will be joining a diverse community of geoscientists and educators who share common interests and goals, and who support each other by sharing their expertise.
NAGT members enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to professional development including discounted registrations;
- Teach the Earth online resources;
- Online access to the Journal of Geoscience Education (research journal);
- Quarterly online In the Trenches (member journal);
- Monthly email newsletter;
- Supportive communities and networks including regional Section and topical Division membership;
- Eligibility for awards, grants, and scholarships;
- Leadership opportunities at the regional and national level.
Membership Categories and Dues
NAGT membership is available in the following types with 1 and 3 year terms. Members may also enroll in automatic annual renewal.
- Regular Member - 1 year: US$ 85.00 | 3 years: US$ 255.00
Full-time 2-year and 4-year college and university faculty, geoscience professionals, informal educators, and other individuals
- Sustaining Member - 1 year: US$ 120.00 | 3 years: US$ 360.00
Regular Member dues plus a US$ 35.00 donation to the NAGT Professional Development Fund
- Adjunct Member - 1 year: US$ 55.00 | 3 years: US$ 165.00
Adjunct and part-time geoscience faculty and professionals
- K-12 Member - 1 year: US$ 55.00 | 3 years: US$ 165.00
Educators teaching at the primary and secondary school levels
- Student Member - 1 year: US$ 35.00 | 3 years: US$ 105.00
Full- or part-time undergraduate and graduate students
- Retired Member - 1 year: US$ 55.00 | 3 years: US$ 165.00
Anyone who would otherwise be considered a regular member but who is now retired
All memberships include online access to the Journal of Geoscience Education (JGE). There are additional costs for members who wish to receive print copies of JGE.