NAGT Awards and Nomination Process: Info Session
January 25, 2023
TIMES 10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET
Registration has closed
Meghan Cook, Purdue University Northwest
Don Haas, Paleontological Research Institution
Katherine Ryker, University of South Carolina
NAGT DEI committee
We invite anyone interested in submitting a nomination or self-nomination for one of the many NAGT awards to join this meeting and learn more about how to identify someone deserving of recognition and develop a strong nomination for them. Members of NAGT awards committees and the NAGT DEI committee will be present to provide an overview of the awards, the nomination and selection process, and to meet in private breakout rooms to assist people directly with generating their nomination(s).
The webinar will
- inform the community about the variety of NAGT awards,
- encourage recognition of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, career stages, and types of contributions, and
- assist participants in developing strong nomination(s) for consideration as 2023 NAGT awardees.
- Session Zoom Chat (Text File 6kB Jan29 23)
- List of NAGT Awards
- Excellence in JEDI Award
- The TA Awards was provided as an example of best practices for nomination guidelines
- OAFA Nomination Form
- List of Award Committees
- OEST Nominee Rubric (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 13kB Jan29 23)
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Ashley Carlson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.