Developing a Sense of Place During Distance Learning
Tuesday, November 17th
1:00pm PT | 2:00pm MT | 3:00pm CT | 4:00pm ET
Registration Deadline: Sunday, November 15
Steve Semken, School of Earth & Space Exploration, Arizona State University
Carrie Ferraro, Dept. of Marine & Coastal Sciences & Institute of Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences, Rutgers University
Tara Laidlaw, Southern Oregon Land Conservancy
In this webinar, participants will:
- Differentiate between and define the relationship between "sense of place" and "place-based education"
- Articulate benefits of developing and leveraging students' sense of place
- Identify opportunities to incorporate sense of place into your coursework in a variety of contexts and approaches
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be email to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Mitchell Bender-Awalt (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
Resources and References
- Developing a Sense of Place During Distance Learning (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 156.4MB Nov17 20)
- Developing a Sense of Place During Distance Learning Webinar Chat (Text File 12kB Nov18 20)