Webinar: Facilitating three-dimensional learning with curricular materials from InTeGrate
Thursday, March 1, 20182:00 pm PT | 3:00 pm MT | 4:00 pm CT | 5:00 pm ET
Presenters: Anne Egger (NAGT) and Carla McAuliffe (NESTA)
Registration is closed.
The InTeGrate project developed and tested curricular materials with goals to address societal grand challenges, use rigorous science and research-based practices in learning, and be adaptable by instructors in many types of institutions and environments. These goals, which are well-aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), are encoded in a detailed rubric that materials had to pass in order to be tested in the classroom, peer-reviewed, and published online as freely available modules and courses. The InTeGrate materials have been tagged with the relevant disciplinary core ideas, cross-cutting concepts, science and engineering practices, and performance expectations, and users can browse the materials using any of these components of the NGSS. In this webinar, we'll explore the InTeGrate materials through the lens of the NGSS and provide participants with resources and strategies for adapting the materials for use in their own classrooms to facilitate three-dimensional learning.
By the end of this webinar, participants will have:
- Learned about the InTeGrate materials development rubric and how it aligns with the Framework for K-12 Science Education and the NGSS
- Explored the InTeGrate materials using the NGSS-driven search and browse functionality
- Considered how to adapt materials to their setting to facilitate three-dimensional learning
Time - 2:00 pm PT | 3:00 pm MT | 4:00 pm CT | 5:00 pm ET
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Zoom web meeting software with questions and discussion. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Registration is closed.
Please email Mitchell Awalt (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.
Anne Egger, NAGT Past-President; Associate Professor, Geological Sciences and Science Education and Director, Office of Undergraduate Research, Central Washington University
Carla McAuliffe, NESTA Executive Director; Senior Curriculum Developer, Professional Development Specialist, Researcher, & Evaluator, Center for STEM Teaching and Learning, TERC
1) Welcome and introductory remarks
2) Webinar presentation (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 14.8MB Mar2 18) - Anne Egger
3) Targeted exploration of materials and submission of questions and comments
4) Addressing questions and comments submitted in the chat
5) Summary comments
6) Webinar Evaluation
- Webinar Presentation Slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 14.8MB Mar2 18)
- InTeGrate and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Browse InTeGrate materials using the NGSS
- A Framework for K-12 Science Education from the National Academies Press