Towards a more inclusive geosciences: Teaching strategies and policies to support all students
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
12:00 pm PT | 1:00 pm MT | 2:00 pm CT | 3:00 pm ET
Registration Deadline has passed.
Phoebe Cohen, Chair and Associate Professor of Geosciences, Williams College
Lisa White, Assistant Director, University of California Museum of Paleontology
- Phoebe Cohen's slides (Acrobat (PDF) 2.9MB May18 22) (click on the links on the slides to access additional resources)
- Lisa White's slides (Acrobat (PDF) 15.3MB May19 22)
- Inclusive teaching flow chart website
- Understanding Science website
- Reconsidering the Share of a Think–Pair–Share article
- The "State" of Active Learning in the Atmospheric Sciences article
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the science research into teaching approaches that support all learners
- Identify opportunities for policies that ensure all learners can be successful
- Adapt teaching exercises for their own usage
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Bradlee Cotton (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.