Sneak Peek at the New Edition of the AGI/NAGT Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology with the Author-Editor
This webinar is part of the NAGT Webinar Series.
Thursday, April 23, 2020
11:00 am PT | 12:00 pm MT | 1:00 pm CT | 2:00 pm ET
Vince Cronin, Professor of Geosciences at Baylor University
What's new in the most widely used lab manual in physical geology? The one that's been produced with the help of NAGT members since 1986? The one that provides important income for AGI and NAGT? Yep, that one. Visit with the NAGT member who edits the Lab Manual and hear about the new lab on climate change as well as all the other improvements that you can use in the fall term (2020). We want to hear from you, too, so the Lab Manual can continue to evolve as an essential resource for students, teachers, and the whole geoscience community.
- AGI/NAGT Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology Webinar Slides (Acrobat (PDF) 7.1MB Apr23 20)
- The new AGI/NAGT Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology [12th Edition] will be available for adoption in courses taught this fall term (2020). It is available as a spiral-bound textbook and as an etext, with Mastering Geology and a revised Instructor's Manual.
- The new edition of the Lab Manual has a new chapter with six new activities focused on climate change.
- New or improved tables for rock and mineral identification have been included in the new Lab Manual.
- Royalties from the sale of the Lab Manual help to fund the activities of NAGT and AGI, so the benefits of this lab book extend beyond the classroom.
- Any subset of the seventeen labs in the Lab Manual can be collected into a custom lab book that Pearson will produce, augmenting other home-grown laboratory resources a teacher might like to use. Royalties from customized Lab Manuals also benefit NAGT and AGI.
- Pearson and editor Vince Cronin want to hear from you as you review or use the new Lab Manual. The development of this educational resource is an ongoing community effort. The Lab Manual will continue to be a community treasure as long as you let us know your thoughts, suggestions, and constructive criticisms about it.