Webinar: Earth Science Week: Providing Multi-Faceted Support for NGSS-ESS Instruction
Thursday, September 21, 2023
1:00 pm PT | 2:00 pm MT | 3:00 pm CT | 4:00 pm ET
All presenters are affiliated with the American Geosciences Institute.
Join us for a webinar that will show how Earth Science Week connects earth science educators to resources, organizations, opportunities, and more. During the webinar we'll go through materials in the Earth Science Week toolkit that are produced by AGI and other partner organizations—including professional societies, federal agencies, and private sector companies. We'll explore how those items can support NGSS-aligned instruction in earth and space science and encourage attention to the geosciences all year long.
Note: The first 50 people to register for and attend the webinar will be sent a 2023 Earth Science Week toolkit without cost.
- ESS 2023 NAGT NGSS Webinar Slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 31.5MB Sep21 23)
- The official Earth Science Week website
- Implementing the Next Generation Science Standards Book mentioned during the webinar
- Order a 2023 ESW Toolkit: The toolkit contains everything you need to prepare for Earth Science Week (October 8-14, 2023), which celebrates the theme "Geoscience Innovating for Earth and People."
- ESW Online Toolkit: Resources, developed by AGI and/or various partner organizations, including many specific to this year's theme as well as others that deal with different topics. Some can be found in the printed Earth Science Week Toolkit, while others are available only electronically.
- ESW Webinar Series: The 2023 ESW webinar series will explore different projects and technologies that are innovatively studying the Earth, and will include ways to bring innovations in geoscience classrooms.
- ESW Focus Days: Earth Science Week offers special days focusing on specific themes during the week-long celebration, October 8 - 14, 2023.
- ESW Contests: For Earth Science Week 2023, the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) is sponsoring video, photography, visual arts, and essay contests focusing on this year's "Geoscience Innovating for Earth and People" theme
- 2022 Highlights Report: This Earth Science Week report details the past year's success stories— and ideas on how you can participate this year.
- Edward C Roy Jr Award: The award is designed to recognize one teacher of grades K-8 (or Key Stages 1-3 in the United Kingdom) each year for their leadership and innovation in Earth science education.
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be email to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Ashley Carlson (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
Aida Awad (NAGT)
Edward Robeck (American Geosciences Institute)
Missy Holzer (NESTA)
Ashley Carlson (NAGT)
With the NGSS Earth and Space Science Working Group