Webinar: Beyond Interactive Maps: Building StoryMaps
Thursday, January 13, 2022
1:00 pm PT | 2:00 pm MT | 3:00 pm CT | 4:00 pm ET
Registration Deadline has passed.
Joseph Kerski, Esri Education Manager
Tom Baker, Esri Education Manager
Kylie Donia,Esri K12 Education Specialist
Charlie Fitzpatrick,Esri K12 Education Manager
- Joseph Kerski's StoryMap
- Tom Baker's StoryMap
- Presentation Slides
- There were lots of great questions asked in the chat during the presentation. Answers to these questions with links to related resources can be found in this GoogleDoc.
- Additional examples and assessment resources can be found on the University of Minnesota StoryMap page
Interactive maps are powerful, but not the limit. Expand on maps with text and media to generate StoryMaps. Find and use existing StoryMap gems, then design and create your own, for use on any connected device, anytime, anywhere.
During the webinar you will:
- Explore StoryMaps and find ready-made instructional content
- Learn how easy it is to combine related elements
- Experience the key starting steps, and the importance of design strategies
- Discover student-created example StoryMaps
- Review acquiring no-cost software license for the entire school or district
Duration: 1 hour
Format: Presentations will take place through a Zoom Meeting screen-sharing session. The webinar will be recorded.
Accessing the Webinar: Instructions for joining the webinar will be email to participants the day before the event. Learn more about accessing the webinar.
Questions? Please contact Bradlee Cotton (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this event.
Aida Awad (NAGT)
Edward Robeck (American Geosciences Institute)
Missy Holzer (NESTA)
Bradlee Cotton (National Association of Geoscience Teachers)
With the NGSS Earth and Space Science Working Group