Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology
American Geosciences Institute/National Association of Geoscience Teachers
Editor, Vincent Cronin
Illustrator, Dennis G. Tasa
Format: Paper Bound with Access Card; 461 pages
Applied lab investigations to improve students' understanding of Earth's geology
This user-friendly, best-selling lab manual examines the basic processes of geology and their applications to everyday life. Featuring contributions from over 200 highly regarded geologists and geoscience educators, along with an exceptional illustration program by Dennis Tasa, this Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology offers an inquiry and activities-based approach that builds skills and gives students a more complete learning experience in the lab.
The 12th Edition features many updates including:
- Learning goals stated for each lab activity
- New laboratory titled "Earth's Dynamic Climate" with six activities and four videos, giving students an opportunity to work with primary data concerning climate change today and for the past 800,000 years
- Heightened emphasis on Earth systems
- 17 new or substantially revised activities with more than 100 new high-resolution specimen photographs constructed using focus stacking, and new tables to facilitate identification of rocks and minerals
- 150 new or revised graphics by Dennis Tasa
Watch the recording of the webinar Sneak Peek at the New Edition of the AGI/NAGT Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology where you will hear from the NAGT member who edits the Lab Manual, Vince Cronin (Baylor University) and learn about the new lab on climate change as well as all the other improvements that you can utilize in the classroom.
Request an examination copy of the new 12th edition of the Lab Manual by contacting your Pearson rep.
For more information on the new 12th Edition visit Pearson Education