- InTeGrate 2013 Workshops Announced
- Call for Course and Module Authors
- New Issues of Frontiers: The Geo2YC Division Newsletter
Browse all NAGT news
Geo2YC: The Two-Year College Division
The Geo2YC Division is a home for NAGT members who have a shared professional interest in geoscience education at two-year colleges. Two-year college faculty are an integral part of NAGT. They serve as officers in the sections and on the Executive Committee. Many other members are interested in helping two-year college faculty teach geosciences to a growing number of students in the United States and Canada because two-year colleges are a significant feeder track for geoscience majors to four-year colleges and universities.
The mission of the division is to:
- serve as a forum for exchanging ideas, concerns, and resources
- establish a network of geoscience educators at two-year colleges and other institutions with shared interests
- sponsor NAGT 2YC activities and make recommendations to the NAGT Council
- support and coordinate research on 2YC geoscience education
- advocate for 2YC geoscience education within NAGT and with other organizations
The officers are elected by the members of the division in the fall. You can see the current slate of officers and learn more about the positions and terms on the Division Officers page.
Join the Discussion
The Geoscience in Two-Year Colleges Portal maintains a Discussion Board as well as a Discussion Email List where you can ask questions and discuss important 2YC issues with others who have similar interests.
Join the Division
Register to become both a member of NAGT and also become a member of the division on the secure member server. Cost of joining the division is only $7.00/year.