Geoscience Education Research Division
The Geoscience Education Research Division needs your input!
The Geoscience Education Research Division of NAGT would like input from you to ensure we engage in activities that meet your needs as a member of the division. Please consider these opportunities:1. Please take a 5 minute survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GERFall14 The survey will close shortly after GSA.
2. Please come to the G.E.R. Division Business Meeting at GSA 2014 in Vancouver: Sunday, October 19th, 5-7pm Hyatt Regency Plaza Ballroom A
3. Please visit us at the NAGT Booth 323 at GSA and/or the Geoscience Educators' Reception, Sunday, October 19th from 7-9pm Hyatt Regency Georgia A/B
We look forward to hearing your input on how the G.E.R. Division can serve the membership.
The Geoscience Education Research Division (GER) is committed to the promotion of high quality, scholarly research in geoscience education that improves teaching and learning in K-12, higher education, and informal learning environments.
Ready to be an NAGT GER member (or need to renew your membership)?
The Division exists to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, research methodology, resources, and concerns related to geoscience education research
- Establish a network for those interested in engaging in scholarly research and/or in implementing those research findings in their teaching
- Facilitate relationships between the geoscience education research community and the broader educational research community
- Be an avenue for the recruitment or organization of research teams that can address specific questions or respond to RFPs
- Facilitate professional development events to increase the capacity of geoscience education researchers at various stages of their careers
- Connect geoscientists to geoscience education researchers to improve geoscience teaching and learning
What's in a name?:
We have chosen GER (read aloud as "G-E-R") for our division name to be consistent with the original division charter and to better situate the division within the broader DBER community. We anticipate that GER for Geoscience Education Research will be as recognizable a brand as PER (for Physics), CER (for Chemistry) and BER (for Biology).
Be part of the growing movement to engage Discipline-Based Education Research in the Geosciences! Learn more about opportunities for Bringing Research on Learning to the Geosciences–workshops, projects, research groups, references and more.