Geoscience Education Research Division
The NAGT Geoscience Education Research Division is focused on serving the NAGT members with an interest in research in geoscience education and student learning. This division will focus on the following activities:
- Periodic communications that share news, events and announcements related to the mission
- Organize educational sessions at GSA, AGU and other appropriate meetings
- Recruit or organize research teams that can address specific questions or respond to RFPs
- Develop short professional development events using online tools
- Be an avenue for community feedback to the editorial staff of the Journal of Geoscience Education
Be part of the growing movement to engage Discipline-Based Education Research in the Geosciences! Learn more about opportunities for Bringing Research on Learning to the Geosciences–workshops, projects, research groups, references and more.
Please review the NAGT Geoscience Education Research Division Vision Statement (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 196kB Oct24 13) that was developed by Bruce Herbert. This is a good starting point for discussions about organization of the Division and future activities.