Information for OEST Section Winners
Congratulations on your selection as "Outstanding Earth Science Teacher" for your section of the NAGT. You will be receiving a complimentary two-year membership in NAGT, which will allow you access to the online version of the Journal of Geoscience Education. If you have not yet received your award plaque, please contact the OEST representative for your section to find out when that presentation will occur. If you have difficulty reaching that person, please contact the program coordinator directly and for assistance.
Other geoscience organizations also provide monetary and other awards to honor NAGT's Outstanding Earth Science Teachers.
- Geological Society of America - $700 travel money to attend a GSA Annual or Section Meeting, a 3-year K-12 Teacher Membership, and a 3-year membership in GSA's Geoscience Education Division
- American Geological Institute - Earth Science Week Teacher Toolkit
- American Geophysical Union - one-year membership and subscription to "Eos"
- National Earth Science Teachers Assoc. - two-year membership or renewal and Journal "The Earth Scientist"
- Amer. Institute of Professional Geologists - one-year subscription to "Professional Geologist"
- US Geological Survey - New Edition of "This Dynamic Planet: World Map of Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Impact Craters, and Plate Tectonics"
In most cases, you should expect to simply receive these perks over the months following the announcement of the award winners. But in the case of the monetary award from the Geological Society of America, namely $700 in travel funds to attend the GSA Annual meeting or Section meeting, you will need to request these funds directly from GSA.
If you would like to send a thank you note to the different organizations that support the OEST program, please feel free to direct them to the National Office at:
National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT)
200 Division Street, Suite 210
Northfield, MN 55057
OEST State and Section winners are strongly encouraged to take an active role in NAGT, NESTA, and all other organizations that support the OEST Award Program.