Information for OEST State Winners
Congratulations on your selection as a National Association of Geoscience Teachers "Outstanding Earth Science Teacher" for your state!
As a State Winner, you will receive the following materials, provided by NAGT and other organizations. It is customary and appropriate to send "thank you" letters to these organizations. Such responses from award winners will help us insure the sponsorship of these agencies in future years.
- a 9" x 12" plaque from NAGT
- a two-year complimentary membership in NAGT (including a subscription to the Journal of Geoscience Education), from NAGT
- a two-year membership or renewal and Journal "The Earth Scientist" from National Earth Science Teachers Association
- The 150th Anniversary of the 1869 Powell Expedition—USGS Participation in the Sesquicentennial Colorado River Exploring Expedition and Reflections from the ~1,000-mile Journey down the Green and Colorado Rivers publication from the US Geological Survey
- a one-year K-12 Teacher membership in the Geological Society of America (GSA) and a one-year membership in GSA's Geoscience Education Division
- an Earth Science Week kit from the American Geological Institute
You should expect to receive these perks over the months following the announcement of the award winners.
OEST State and Section winners are strongly encouraged to take an active role in NAGT, NESTA, and all other organizations that support the OEST Award Program.