NAGT is an organization that is dedicated to the advancement of geoscience education at all levels. The individual sections are committed to advancing geoscience education on a more personal level by holding field conferences, identifying exemplary teachers and acting as a liaison between members and the national office. Ready to join?
President: currently vacant
Vice-President: currently vacant
Secretary: currently vacant - please let us know if you are interested in serving!
Treasurer: currently vacant - please let us know if you are interested in serving!
OESTA Coordinator: currently vacant - please let us know if you are interested in serving!
Executive Committee Liaisons: Lynsey LeMay and Mitchell Bender-Awalt
Like us on Facebook at NAGTSW
Find the national NAGT Facebook page here.
Winter 2013-14 Newsletter (Acrobat (PDF) 11.3MB Feb10 14) Check out the Exciting Contents of this Newsletter! Winter 2013-2014
Spring 2013 Newsletter (Acrobat (PDF) 5.5MB Mar25 13) Check out the happenings in 2012 and our Post-Apocalypse plans for 2013!
Meetings and Field Trips
- We are on a rotating schedule and welcome field trip suggestions. Please contact the coordinators listed below.
- Spring 2015 - Utah: Coordinator = Dan Stephen, Utah Valley University
- Spring 2016 - Colorado, I'm looking at you...
- Bagdad Mine, Phoenix, AZ, 2004
- Kartchner Caverns, Sourthern AZ, 2005
- Salt Lake City & Capitol Reef National Park, UT, 2010;
- Durango, CO May 20-22, 2011
- New Mexico (Statewide), June 7-10, 2012
- Southern Utah, 2013
- Grand Canyon, 2014
- Don't forget to nominate a teacher for the Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Southwest section award. (more info)