Bring NAGT's Traveling Workshops Program to your Program, Department, or Institutionpublished Dec 17, 2019 12:51pm
The January 15 application deadline to host an NAGT Traveling Workshop is fast approaching! The Traveling Workshops Program (TWP) brings two trained facilitators to your institution to lead discussions and action planning around strengthening your department or program. Application deadlines are January 15 for Spring/Summer 2020 workshops, March 15 for Summer/Fall 2020 workshops, June 15 for Fall 2020/Winter 2021 workshops, and October 15 for Spring 2021 workshops.
The TWP is for any institution, department, or program that is:
- Preparing for re-accreditation, undergoing program review, or seeking guidance on strategic planning
- Facing reorganization or other major changes such as faculty turnover
- In need of curriculum modernization, including the incorporation of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Trying to incorporate environment and sustainability into the curriculum
- Anticipating major student demographic changes
- Involved in preparing K-8 Earth Science teachers
- Seeking faculty member guidance in evidence-based approaches to teaching and learning
How does the Traveling Workshops Program work?
The TWP brings leaders in environmental, sustainability, and geoscience education right to your campus, regional, or national event. The workshops are facilitated by individuals from an impressive roster of more than 45 leaders in their fields. Workshops are available in six themes:
- Building Stronger Geoscience and Environmental Science Departments and Programs
- Strengthening your Cross-campus Environmental and Sustainability Programs
- Strengthening Earth Science in Teacher Education
- Supporting the Success of All Students
- Strengthening Your Intro or Upper-Division Course
- Making Your Course More Effective and Societally Relevant
- Peer-tested strategies and approaches
- A collection of department best-practices, curricula, courses, modules, and activities
- Departmental, program, or individual action plans for moving forward
For more information about the TWP application and host expectations, please visit the program website.
If you have further questions or would like more information, please contact Mitchell Awalt, email@example.com.