Geoscience Two-Year College Division (Geo 2YC) Sponsorship Policy
Geo2YC Mission Statement
The mission of the Geo2YC division is to:
- serve as a forum for exchanging ideas, concerns, and resources
- establish a network of geoscience educators at two-year colleges and other institutions with shared interests
- sponsor NAGT 2YC activities and make recommendations to the NAGT Council
- support and coordinate research on 2YC geoscience education
- advocate for 2YC geoscience education within NAGT and with other organizations.
The purpose of sponsorship:
- To enhance the awareness and visibility of the Geo2YC Division
- To endorse the value of the activity as it relates to the Geo2YC Division mission
- To support collaborations within the NAGT divisions and geoscience education community
Types of activities that may receive sponsorship
- Sessions at professional meetings
- Field trips
Criteria of Sponsorship
- Activity must align with the mission of NAGT and Geo2YC Division.
- Mission statement of NAGT
- See Geo2YC Division Mission statement above.
Requirements for Sponsorship
- Completion of the NAGT Session Sponsorship Request form if requesting session or workshop sponsorship
- Approval by the NAGT-Geo2YC division leadership and conveyed by the 2YC Division Secretary/Treasurer in writing.
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Advertisement of your activity in the Geo2YC newsletter and emails to division members
- Please note that sponsorship does not include financial and/or material support.