NAGT Events and Activities at the 2014 GSA Annual Meetingpublished Jun 12, 2014 11:46am
NAGT is pleased to sponsor a variety of symposia and sessions at the Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America meeting held in Vancouver, BC, October 19-22, 2014. Please submit an abstract and attend workshops and sessions highlighting key issues of importance to geoscience educators at all levels. You can also come by the NAGT booth to meet officers and other NAGT members and to learn more about you can be involved in your organization. More information about NAGT activities at GSA will be added to this page as it becomes available.
NAGT is putting on the 4-Pack of workshops again this year. Registering for one is $50, but if you register for a morning workshop and an afternoon workshop, it's still just $50!
- Teaching Geoscience in Society: Building Relevance and Interest in the Geosciences by Adding InTeGrate Resources to Your Class
- Improving Spatial Thinking in the Geological Sciences
- Student Learning Outcomes and Program Assessment
- Extreme Makeover Geosciences Style—Infusing Existing Curricula with the Spirit of the New Next Generation Science Standards
There are a number of fantastic field trip opportunities being planned for the 2014 Annual Meeting, but two may be of particular interest to geo-educators. Read more details and descriptions on the website.
- Full Access to the Geology of the Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Sea-to-Sky Geotour for Teachers
NAGT is sponsoring almost half of the education sessions at this year's meeting (15/34) and you can read about them on the NAGT Website. You can read about all of the education session on the GSA website. The deadline for abstract submissions is July 29, 2014.