NASA-NAGT Earth Education Resources for Two-Year College Faculty (EarthEd2YC)published Mar 10, 2014 10:21am
NASA's Earth Forum and NAGT's Geo2YC are launching a new series of webinars for geoscience faculty at two-year colleges, called EarthEd2YC. Each webinar includes 30 minutes of professional development for full-time and part-time faculty seeking educational resources and other guidance from NASA's Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Earth Science Education and Public Outreach Forum(SMD E/PO) and NAGT's Geosciences for Two-Year Colleges (Geo2YC) professional division.
Beginning March 7, 2014, live webinars will be on the first Friday of each month at 1:00pm Eastern Time (10:00am Pacific Time). Each live 20 minute presentation will be followed by 10 minutes of discussion, with real time chat throughout. All resources discussed in the webinars will be made available online. The webinars will be recorded and made available for later viewing. The initial series will run through August with possible renewal for Fall 2014.
The first webinar topics scheduled for discussion were identified through a 2012-2013 survey of 2YC faculty conducted by the NASA SMD E/PO Higher Education Working Group (HEWG). We want to include your ideas for EarthEd2YC topics - please contact Russanne Low at email@example.com
Upcoming Discussions:April 4: Online Earth & Space Sciences: Active Learning Opportunities
Facilitator: Suzanne Metlay, NAGT Geo2YC, Western Governors University
Future Topics in Series
- It Takes a Village to Build an Online Course: NASA Resources and Online Pedagogy
- Democratization of Science: Using Citizen Science Data in Classrooms
- Making the Case for Excellence: Teaching Evaluation and Assessment
Sign in information:
We will be using Zoom – if you do not already have this software on your computer, please take a moment to visit http://zoom.us to download and install the app (this should take less than five minutes). A Zoom account is free.
Join from a PC, Mac, IPad, IPhone or Android Device:Please click this URL to join. https://zoom.us/j/426290902
Or, go to https://zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 426 290 902
Some information to keep in mind:
- Please use your first and last name when identifying yourself in Zoom.
- You will automatically be muted upon joining this session.
- Please turn on your video, it makes a much more interesting webinar.
- (Please note – if you are connecting with a computer, there is no need to also dial in. Zoom runs audio through the internet connection)
Meeting ID: 426 290 902
Participant ID: Shown after joining the meeting
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference