In the Trenches - April 2020
Fostering Future Geoscientists & COVID-19 Updates
Volume 10, Number 2
In This Issue
- FROM THE EDITOR REDINA FINCH: Onward and Upward... - Redina Finch, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL.
- Integrating Research Experience into Introductory Geoscience Courses - Lauren Scott, Social & Economic Sciences Research Center (SESRC), Washington State University, Pullman, WA; Kusali Gamage and Leslie Davis, Austin Community College, Austin, TX; and Katerina Petronotis, International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Offering Career-Focused Courses to Increase Geoscience Participation: Lessons from Five Years of Experience - Patrick Shabram, Front Range Community College Larimer Campus, Fort Collins, CO
- How to Make a Rock Cycle Exhibit on Your Campus - Michael Patrick, Santa Fe College, Gainesville, FL
This site provides web links that supplement the print articles as well as news and web resources. Members can follow the "Read more" links below to access full versions of the articles online. To receive the full edition of In the Trenches, join NAGT
Redina Finch new Editor-in-Chief, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL.
I hope you're all tolerating the coronavirus restrictions well. This is certainly not how I expected to spend my spring, but I'm making the best of it and even having some fun with my teaching. For a while now, I've wanted to learn the free OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) video production tools so I could make a couple of instructional videos for my classes. Now I've made LOTS of instructional videos and know OBS pretty darn well. If you're bored with standard teaching videos, you can even add special effects to your videos with Hit Film Express (also free.) Read more...
Lauren Scott is a project manager at the Social & Economic Sciences Research Center (SESRC), Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. Kusali Gamage and Leslie Davis are adjunct professors at Austin Community College, Austin, TX. Katerina Petronotis is an associate research scientist at International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
Offering Career-Focused Courses to Increase Geoscience Participation: Lessons from Five Years of Experience
Patrick Shabram is a geography professor at Front Range Community College Larimer Campus, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Michael Patrick is a professor emeritus, natural sciences, at Santa Fe College, Gainesville, Florida.
News and Advertisements
- April NAGTNews Newsletter
NAGT Seeks New Editor-In-Chief for Journal of Geoscience Education!
NAGT and SERC Teaching Geoscience Online Resources
Thank you for being a part of the NAGT community.