Paleontology Lecturer, University of Arizonapublished Jan 27, 2022 9:12am
Jan 27, 2022 - Feb 27, 2022
The Department of Geosciences at the University of Arizona invites applications for a non-tenured, full-time Lecturer position in the area of Paleontology/Paleobiology starting in summer 2022. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of an extension. Candidates must show excellent teaching skills and be committed to practicing and promoting excellence in teaching. Responsibilities include teaching existing classes and developing new classes (both online and in-person), lecturing 4 classes (including multiple sections of the same class) per academic year, conducting regularly scheduled office hours, writing and grading exams and problems sets, and supervising teaching assistants. We are in need of candidates who can cover, but are not limited to, the following Paleontology/Paleobiology related courses:
- Dinosaurs (general education level, large enrollment class)
- Life on Earth (general education level, large enrollment class)
- Paleontology (geoscience majors required class, upper-division)
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Ph.D. in Geosciences, or related fields, with an emphasis in Paleontology.
Qualified candidates will have a Ph.D. in Geosciences or related fields with an emphasis in Paleontology, or in an equivalent discipline. The preferred candidate(s) will also have experience in teaching Paleontology at the college level. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy (max 1 page), and a statement on contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion (1-page max). The position is currently open for applications and will remain open until filled.
1) Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
2) Cover Letter (required)
3) Statement of Teaching
4) Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate's past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how our department please visit our online information page.
3 required (contact information only)- Contact information for references is required.