Geoscience Facultypublished Mar 18, 2021 11:43am
Lakeland Community College located in Kirtland, Ohio invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position effective with the fall 2021 semester.
- Teach courses in the disciplines of Geology (GEOL) and Physical Science (PSCI) in a manner consistent with institutional and course goals and objectives.
- Select texts, supplemental documents, and other learning resources.
- Set attainable instructional goals and objectives compatible with approved rationale for each course taught. Gather and record data related to the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate students to determine progress toward course goals and objectives, assign final grades, maintain accurate records of student grades for timely reporting.
- Maintain a minimum of ten (10) posted office hours, with at least 8 hours per week on campus.
Course and Curriculum Development:
- Recommend to the division dean the revision, deletion or addition of courses or curricula.
- Evaluate and recommend catalog and support material revisions.
- Maintain updated course outlines according to prescribed college procedures; develop course syllabi.
Service to the College, Profession and Community:
- Remain current with the field(s) of assigned instruction and related occupational areas.
- Acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of current instructional methodologies and materials.
- Participate in accreditation processes and college division and department initiatives.
- Master's degree in a geoscience discipline
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Doctorate in a geoscience discipline or science education
- Experience teaching at a community college
- Experience teaching with a variety of modalities
- Applied work experience in a geoscience discipline
For information about compensation and how to apply, visit the Lakeland Community Human Resources Page.