Senior Instructional Lab Technician- Earth Sciencespublished Dec 5, 2019 10:47am
Senior Instructional Lab Technician - Earth Sciences
Glendale Community College
$3,578.57 - $3,945.38 Monthly
1/22/2020 5:00 PM Pacific
Oversees and participates in the operation and maintenance of equipment, supplies and inventory. Performs technical, clerical, lead and tutoring duties in an Instructional Lab, and accommodates computer assisted learning programs to the curriculum assigned.
Area of Assignment:
This position is in the Earth Sciences (Geology/Oceanography) Department in the Physical Sciences Division.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
Supervision is received by academic or classified manager.
Provides work direction to lower-level staff. Supervision is exercised over student workers.
This is a full-time, 30 hours per week, 12 months per year position.
Examples of Duties:
- Directs and assists students individually and in small groups in laboratory work provided by instructors.
- Monitors student progress.
- Keeps records of student work according to established procedure.
- Assists in coordinating and training lower-level staff.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget, gathers data and drafts portions of grant proposals.
- Coordinates the use of the Lab's equipment and facilities, prepares requisitions, and keeps records of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains the security and physical appearance of the labs and facilities.
- Performs minor repair of equipment, and arranges for major repairs and assists repair person in determining sources of problems.
- Demonstrates and supervises safe and proper use of equipment.
- Researches, receives, stores, and inventories supplies and equipment.
- Assists faculty in recruitment, selection, and training of tutors, and supervises tutors working in the Lab.
- Assists instructors in scoring and recordkeeping.
- Translates and modifies computer assisted instructional programs in the subject area.
- Tutors students in the subject area and assists them in computer use.
- Selects, trains, evaluates, maintains, and coordinates schedules of student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent or certification in the subject area of assignment.
- Five years experience assisting students or teaching the subject of the assignment to adults either at the community college or adult education level.
- Experience with computers, and computer-assisted instruction in the use of word processing programs.
- Bachelor's degree in the assigned area from an accredited college or university preferred.
This position requires the following documents to be attached to your online application in order to be considered:
- Transcripts showing required degree must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted only during the application process. Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
Please note: Applicants must attach all required documents to the online application by the closing date. Documents submitted after the closing date will not be accepted.
Your application and any required attachments must be submitted by Wednesday, January 22, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Applications with incomplete information (i.e. statements such as "see resume") or missing documents will not be considered. If you have additional questions please call 818-240-1000 ext. 5921.
All completed applications and application materials will be screened to ensure that the minimum requirements stated in the job announcement are met. Those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to the college for an interview. All candidates will be notified by email of their final disposition in the selection process.
This position is offered contingent upon funding. The district may re-open, re-advertise, or cancel filling this position at any time. Additional openings, for the same position, which become available prior to the end of the hiring process may be filled by qualified applicants that applied to this job announcement.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Glendale Community College District provides all applicants for district employment with equal employment opportunities and provides present employees with training, compensation, promotion, and all other attributes of employment without regard to a person's race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, veterans' status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity or disability.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation for the application, testing or interviewing processes should contact the Human Resources Department at the time of application submission.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Glendale Community College.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Dr. Vahe Peroomian, Mr. Anthony P. Tartaglia, Ms. Yvette Vartanian Davis,
Dr. Armine G. Hacopian, and Ms. Ann H. Ransford
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGES: THE WAY CALIFORNIA WORKS