REU program at the Oregon Institute of Marine Biologypublished Feb 2, 2018 10:31am
Exploration of Marine Biology on the Oregon Coast
June 17, 2018 to August 18, 2018The Oregon Institute of Marine Biology's research experience for undergraduates program, Exploration of Marine Biology on the Oregon Coast, (EMBOC) offers fellowship opportunities for undergraduate students from both 2-year and 4-year colleges and universities to participate in ongoing marine science research at the University of Oregon's marine lab during the summer months. In addition to conducting research at OIMB, students participating in the EMBOC program will participate in weekly professional development discussions and training sessions, social activities, field trips and marine biology seminars.
Participating students receive a $500/week stipend ($4500 total for 9 weeks, paid monthly). Travel to and from OIMB is covered. In addition, room and board will be provided at the Oregon Institute of Marine Biology for the duration of the 9-week EMBOC program.
The 2018 application will not be open until December 15, 2017. The application period closes on Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:59pm.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Be an undergraduate attending a 2-year or 4-year college/university (enrolled in spring and fall 2018)
- Have completed a minimum of one year of introductory biology classes.
- Be willing to make a full-time commitment for the 9 week program (40 hrs/week)
A complete application includes:
1. A completed online application form OR completed PDF application
2. A recommendation letter completed and e-mailed by an instructor or administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org (please see "Recommendation Letter Guidelines")