2012-2013 AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowshipspublished Oct 20, 2011 4:02pm
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
The 2012-2013 AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships online application system is now open. The deadline for applications is December 5, 2011, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Interested applicants are encouraged to start their application early and contact their references as soon as possible.
Please share this information with friends and colleagues who may also be interested in this opportunity.
Placement opportunities are available in congressional offices and 15 executive branch agencies. The five fellowship areas being offered from September 2012 through August 2013 are:
- Diplomacy, Security& Development
- Energy, Environment & Agriculture
- Health, Education & Human Services
- Roger Revelle Fellowship in Global Stewardship
To be considered for a fellowship, all successful applicants must hold a doctoral level degree (PhD, MD, DVM, etc.), in any of the following:
- Social/Behavioral sciences
- Medical/Health disciplines
- Biological, Physical or Earth sciences
- Computational sciences and Mathematics
- Engineering disciplines (applicants with a masters degree in engineering and three or more years of post-degree professional experience also qualify).
All degree requirements must be completed by the application deadline. Visit http://fellowships.aaas.org/04_Become/04_Eligibility.shtml to learn more about Fellowship eligibility requirements.
Stipends range from approximately $74,000 to $99,000 (depending on years of experience and previous salary). Other benefits include health insurance, travel/training allowance and relocation allowance. For more information about benefits, visit http://fellowships.aaas.org/05_Support/05_index.shtml.
To learn more about the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships, visit our website at http://fellowships.aaas.org. Please contact the Fellowships staff at email@example.com or 202-326-6700 with questions.