Revised 13 November, 2006
Revised and Approved by the NAGT Executive Committee, 16 March, 2019
The National Association of Geoscience Teachers sponsors activities in support of the mission of the organization. The mission of NAGT is:
- To foster improvements in the teaching and learning about earth as a system at all levels of formal and informal instruction
- To emphasize the relevance and cultural significance of Geoscience to all people
- To foster and disseminate knowledge of and research in Geoscience education
- To promote professional growth of our members
Sponsorship of an activity or letter of support for a proposal implies endorsement of the activity and may include promotion of the activity by NAGT or other collaborations.
Sponsorship of a session or short course (e.g. at the annual GSA meeting) implies only endorsement of the session or short course and does not imply any additional support.
Purpose of Sponsorship:
- To establish cooperation between the organization and activities undertaken by members or associated organizations
- To enhance the visibility of Geoscience education
Types of Activities that may receive sponsorship:
- Field Trips
- Proposals to funding agencies
- Products to be disseminated (NAGT must be integrally involved in the development of these products)
- Session or short course proposals for the GSA annual meeting (or similar meeting)
Criteria of Sponsorship:
- Aligns with NAGT's mission and strategic plan
- Engages or expands NAGT membership
Requirements for Sponsorship:
Program or activity sponsorship request
- Completion of the NAGT Program or Activity Sponsorship Application
- Approval by the NAGT executive Committee, conveyed by the president in writing
- NAGT must be acknowledged on all materials associated with the activity—handouts, flyers, advertisements, proposals to funding agencies, etc.
- If a website is associated with the project, NAGT will provide a link to the website, and expects the project website to provide a link to NAGT's web page.
- A report must be submitted on the project annually in time for the Council Meeting, which takes place at the annual national meeting of GSA.
Session sponsorship request
- Completion of the NAGT Session Sponsorship Application
- Session or short course proposals require approval only by the NAGT Joint Technical Program Committee (JTPC) representative, and do not require a report after the meeting