Sponsorship PolicyRevised 13 November, 2006
The National Association of Geoscience Teachers sponsors activities in support of the mission of the organization. The mission of NAGT is:
- To foster improvements in the teaching and learning about earth as a system at all levels of formal and informal instruction
- To emphasize the relevance and cultural significance of Geoscience to all people
- To foster and disseminate knowledge of and research in Geoscience education
- To promote professional growth of our members
Purpose of Sponsorship:
- To establish cooperation between the organization and activities undertaken by members or associated organizations
- To enhance the visibility of Geoscience education
Types of Activities that may receive sponsorship:
- Field Trips
- Proposals to funding agencies
- Products to be disseminated (NAGT must be integrally involved in the development of these products)
Criteria of Sponsorship:
- Aligns with NAGT's mission and strategic plan
- Engages or expands NAGT membership
Requirements for Sponsorship:
- Completion of the NAGT Sponsorship Application
- Approval by the NAGT executive Committee, conveyed by the president in writing
- NAGT must be acknowledged on all materials associated with the activity—handouts, flyers, advertisements, proposals to funding agencies, etc.
- If a website is associated with the project, NAGT will provide a link to the website, and expects the project website to provide a link to NAGT's web page.
- A report must be submitted on the project annually in time for the Council Meeting, which takes place at the annual national meeting of GSA.