Benefits of Membership in NAGT
A membership in NAGT is a statement of your interest in excellence in geoscience education and in the preparation of students for productive careers in geology and lifetimes as informed citizens.
- Online access to four issues annually of the Journal of Geoscience Education—the place to publish and read articles on research and innovations for teaching the earth sciences. (Print journals are available for an addition fee.)
- In the Trenches, a quarterly print and online magazine designed to provide a forum for geosciences education dialog targeting educators in the classroom.
- Workshops, symposia, and theme sessions on geo-education at GSA, AGU and NSTA meetings.
- NAGT Sections sponsor regional field conferences.
- Support for various education and outreach projects through official NAGT sponsorship.
- Programs and Awards aimed at furthering Geoscience scholarship and education.
NAGT Works for You, Regardless of Your Position
NAGT is for Pre-College Teachers
- State/regional Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Awards
- Articles and columns devoted to pre-college teaching in the Journal of Geoscience Education and In the Trenches
- Special events at GSA and NSTA
NAGT is for University Students
NAGT is for Two-Year College Faculty and Students
NAGT is for University Faculty and Graduate Students
- On the Cutting Edge Faculty Development Workshops
NAGT is for International Educators and Students
- Communication of research findings to an international audience through JGE
- Online resources of use to educators everywhere
- An international virtual community
- Distinguished speakers who travel internationally