NSF News and Solicitationspublished Mar 19, 2010 8:42am
Via David Matty at NSF:
1) The Course, Curriculum, and Laboratory Improvement (CCLI) Program Solicitation has been modified and the name (and focus) of the program changed to: Transforming Undergraduate Education in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (TUES). The program officer for Geological Science is David Matty. Proposal deadlines are listed below, and full information solicitation is available on the NSF website.
- Type 1 Proposal Deadline Date (states or territories beginning with A through M): May 26, 2010
- Type 1 Proposal Deadline Date (states or territories beginning with N through W): May 27, 2010
- Type 2 and 3 Proposal Deadline Date: January 14, 2011
However, TUES Central Resource Project proposals for small focused workshops may be submitted at any time after consulting with a program officer.
2) The Climate Change Education Partnership (CCEP) program solicitation has been released. The CCEP program seeks to establish a coordinated national network of regionally- or thematically-based partnerships devoted to increasing the adoption of effective, high quality educational programs and resources related to the science of climate change and its impacts. Proposal deadlines are listed below, and full information solicitation is available on the NSF website.
- Phase I Partnership Proposals - Letter of Intent Deadline Date: April 23, 2010
- Phase I Partnership Proposals - Full Proposal Deadline Date: May 24, 2010
- Phase I Supplement Proposals - Full Proposal Deadline Date: March 15, 2011
3) For those persons involved in Interdisciplinary Educational Research, NSF now has the Fostering Interdisciplinary Research on Education (FIRE) program. The FIRE program seeks to facilitate the process by which scholars can cross disciplinary boundaries to acquire the skills and knowledge that would improve their abilities to conduct rigorous research on STEM learning and education. The full program solicitation is available on the NSF website.
- Full Proposal Deadline Date: May 20, 2010